2016 Glenmore Calcutta
Congratulations to our finalists!
|A||François Lahaise · Glenmore||Felix Asselin · Glenmore|
|B||Bob Norton · Glenmore||Larry South · Glenmore|
|C||Matthew Kennerknecht · Glenmore||Marc Don · Glenmore|
|D||Ian South · Glenmore||Dave Ingham · Glenmore|
Sign-up and Teams
- Each member must sign up individually for this event. Open to Glenmore members only.
- Players will be ranked by a committee. Since an equal number of individuals are required for each position, players will be ranked accordingly.
- The teams will be drawn at random. (One player from each position will be randomly drawn).
- The roster of teams will be posted at the club and on the web site at least 24 hours before the auction.
- The club entry fee for this event is $30.
- The deadline for signing up is the Monday before the auction.
- On auction night, teams are put up for sale to the highest individual bidder or syndicate.
- Money collected becomes part of the Owners' Pool.
10% goes to the club and 90% towards the Owners' Pool.
Out of this 90%:
Winner of "A" - 35% Runner-up of "A" - 15% Winner of "B" - 15% Runner-up of "B" - 7.5% Winner of "C" - 15% Runner-up of "C" - 7.5% Winner of "D" - 5%
- Out of this 90%:
- Players usually buy back 40% of their team's selling price from their owner (10% per player).
- Of the $30 entry fee for the event, $10 goes to the Players' Pool, and the remainder towards dinner, snacks and entertainment.
- Of the Players' Pool, 10% goes to the club and the remaining 90% goes to the players, split in the same way as the Owners' Pool
- After the auction, you will be able to purchase WIN tickets on the team you think will win the Calcutta.
- You can also purchase SHOW tickets. To win, you must pick the "A" winner, "A" runner-up, "B" runner-up or "C" winner.
- WIN tickets cost $5 each, and SHOW tickets are $2 each. They will be available up until the first stone of the event is delivered.
- Before every game during the spiel, you will be able to purchase EXACTA tickets for $2 each. In order to win, you must pick all of the winning teams for one specific draw. Details will be available before every draw, therefore you should come to your games early.
- At the end of the auction, a draw will take place to determine when each team and their opponents will play their first games.