Curling Bonspiel Management
2019 Glenmore Calcutta
· Past event: 2018 Glenmore Calcutta
Congratulations to our finalists!
|A||Lawren Steventon · Glenmore||Émile Asselin · Glenmore|
|B||Jeff Stewart · Glenmore||Bob Norton · Glenmore|
|C||Félix Asselin · Glenmore||Randy Sewell · Glenmore|
|D||Steve Holdaway · Glenmore||Jared Blumenthal · Glenmore|
Sign-up and Teams
- Open to Glenmore members only.
- Each member must sign up individually for this event.
- The skips will be chosen by the Calcutta Committee. The skips will be asked to rank the other skips. This will be tabulated and it will determine the order of the draft.
- We will have a skip meeting for the draft. If a skip is unable to attend, he/she can choose a representative or trust the Calcutta Committee to make the picks.
- The third and second positions will be drafted.
- For the lead position, the skips will draw at random from the remaining players.
- The roster of teams will be posted at the club and on the web site at least 24 hours before the auction.
- The club entry fee for this event is $30.
- The deadline for signing up is the Monday before the auction.
- On auction night, teams are put up for sale to the highest individual bidder or syndicate.
- Money collected becomes part of the Owners' Pool.
10% goes to the club and 90% towards the Owners' Pool.
Out of this 90%:
Winner of "A" - 35% Runner-up of "A" - 15% Winner of "B" - 15% Runner-up of "B" - 7.5% Winner of "C" - 15% Runner-up of "C" - 7.5% Winner of "D" - 5%
- Out of this 90%:
- Players usually buy back 40% of their team's selling price from their owner (10% per player).
- Of the $30 entry fee for the event, $10 goes to the Players' Pool, and the remainder towards dinner, snacks and entertainment.
- Of the Players' Pool, 10% goes to the club and the remaining 90% goes to the players, split in the same way as the Owners' Pool
- After the auction, you will be able to purchase WIN tickets on the team you think will win the Calcutta.
- You can also purchase SHOW tickets. To win, you must pick the "A" winner, "A" runner-up, "B" runner-up or "C" winner.
- WIN tickets cost $5 each, and SHOW tickets are $2 each. They will be available up until the first stone of the event is delivered.
- Before every game during the spiel, you will be able to purchase EXACTA tickets for $2 each. In order to win, you must pick all of the winning teams for one specific draw. Details will be available before every draw, therefore you should come to your games early.
- At the end of the auction, a draw will take place to determine when each team and their opponents will play their first games.